I was walking home one day from school and saw 2 teenagers arguing. Apparently, they had been assigned a history project and they had both received an F.
Because it was a group project, I did not see how they had failed, having followed all the instructions. I decided to dig deeper. What I found out was that only one of them had done the project as a favor to the friend. The teacher found out.
Blame and responsibility are two words that get confused and misused all the time.
Merriam Webster’s definition of Blame:–
- to express one’s unfavorable opinion of the worth or quality of
- responsibility for wrongdoing or failure
- the state of being held as the cause of something that needs to be set right
Who was to blame for the failed grade?
Merriam Webster’s definition of responsibility:–
- 1: the quality or state of being responsible: such as
- a: moral, legal, or mental accountability
- b: Reliability, Trustworthiness
- 2: something for which one is responsible: Burden
Who is responsible for the failed grade?
The one that did not do the work or the one that did the work?